Today, I bit the bullet and showed my kids how to use the internet and computer. I feel a little bit behind in this area as a mom. I just had a conversation this past week with my cousin about how moms beat themselves up all the time by comparing themselves to other moms who seem “to have it all together” or whose kids seem “so much smarter or more advanced” than ours. So having said that I am not going to feel guilty that I am just now introducing the computer and and internet to my kids. One thing I find very ironic is that while teaching both in Irving ISD and Allen ISD I won several technology awards for the ways I was incorporating technology into the learning of my students. Yet,I know that I have many many friends and fellow moms whose kids have been on the computer much earlier than I have taught my kids. I will still sleep tonight! So, about 6 months ago, maybe longer, my cousin showed me this very cool system that makes the internet very easy and SAFE for preschoolers to navigate. It is made by Fisher Price and called “Linked-In” Each character link takes the child to the website centered around that character. For instance, if you place Bob the Builder in the middle, the child is taken to the Bob the Builder Website. If Elmo is put in the middle, the child is taken to the Sesame Street Website. I found the system on clearance at Toys R Us also about 6 months ago. It has been sitting in a box ever since. Don’t know why tonight was the magic night, but it was and they LOVED IT! I didn’t realize the system could be hooked up to my laptop or I would have taken it with us to give to them on Christmas Day.
Two brothers trying to figure it out:)
Ok…sister you can have a turn too.
LJ was so excited!!! I love this picture!
So there you have it, Triple Smiles is officially Linked In…..
No comments:
Post a Comment