I was super excited when Carisa posted this Dora Tot Pack! Although, Ava is not forgotten in any other way, I do feel sometimes she gets left in the dust as most of what I do “educationally” centers around the boys and more specifically Zachariah.
This Dora Tot pack is the perfect fit for Ava to work on while I am working with the boys on their Sensory ABC lessons lessons this summer. Most of what is in the tot pack, I was able to adapt so that she is doing about the same thing the boys are doing, but with a theme she loves!
The first day, Ava worked on her pack, she matched the color words in English to the color words in Spanish. (by matching the color) I would read to her the 2 different ways to say each color.
She couldn’t contain herself when she saw me making jello flashcards with Zachariah…so I let her write her name in glue and then sprinkle powered jello on top.
The next day we worked on her Dora Tot Pack…
I adapted her coloring page by outlining the color I wanted her to color each part of the page. This is something I have learned from my training with Zach’s sensory ABC class. This helps her color within a border and learn to choose different colors for different parts of her color page. She is also using an adaptive crayon to help her grasp development.
We also worked on helping the “Momma Letters” find their lost “Baby Letters”
This picture shows her thinking!
Next, I used the Dora materials for her to work alongside Zachariah as he worked on one of his activities by precoloring these Dora outlines in Watercolor Map Pencils. Each card says “Dora is blue…Dora is purple” etc. Zachariah has to color his own, but mama helped Ava out. After, they are colored, she took a q-tip and dipped it into water to paint back over the picture. This is a great activity for kiddos who have shorter attention spans and don’t want to color the entire page!
Ava also has some fun Dora themed things in her boxes this week.
Dora Lego Sets
Dora Dress Up Sets
I blogged a little a few years ago about the blessing of these toys here.
Getting Dora ready for Nap….she hadn’t caught on yet…they were BOTH going down to nap!
I use the activities in her boxes when I am working with one of the boys. I always put things her in boxes that don’t require me at all.
2 comments:
Lucie loves Dora, too. She had a great time with Ava and playing in Ava's room. Thanks for having us for supper! It was fun catching up.
Celee
SOOOOO cute!!!! I wish our girls could play together instead of just "sharing" toys ;-) ha ha!
Post a Comment