Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy Lunches

Today was “one of those days” where life just caught up with me and I was just plain tired!

We started the day, with a movie and I sat in my chair sipping coffee for 80 glorious minutes!

After watching the movie, my middle child ask me to get out one of his activities from the “activity closet.” Janfun 004

This was a birthday gift from one of his best friends for his recent birthday. The front page is full of large very colorful stickers.

He wanted to peel stickers. I learned from an ECI therapist that peeling stickers is actually very good for their fine motor skills. However; what do you do with random pages of stickers after they unpeel them and stick them to random pieces of paper?

Then I thought of what I had just done the day before to make their lunches for school “happy lunches.”

Janfun 002 Janfun 005

This actually filled up about 45 minutes of our morning:) After the stickers got “old” I pulled out dot art paint. That added another 30 minutes to the “Happy Lunch” activity!

Janfun 001

Janfun 003

No comments: