Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Family Photo

A few weekends ago we had the daunting task of capturing “The Perfect Family Photo” Family picture day is usually a pretty stressful event…especially getting 3 little ones picture perfect and on location by 9am.

I am not a perfectionist when it comes to housekeeping or making sure a picture is on a page perfectly centered. I colored outside the lines as a child,and I easily put unbalanced pennies in the misc. category in our Money program.

I do however get very stressed out very when things don’t go the way I have planned them to go…or when they don’t turn out the way I imagine that they should. For this reason family picture day is probably my husbands worse nightmare! I will say though some recent circumstances in my life…the Lord is teaching me daily not to “sweat the small stuff” and to totally trust in Him for all things.

When I saw this picture, I smiled.

Donaldson (17)

Yes, I realize Zach has one shoe on and one shoe off:)

My princess, who ALWAYS smiles for me….is not even shedding a hint of a smile.

Levi has his shirt untucked and BOTH shoes off!

But you know what? This is our perfect picture! Its the picture of my sweet family that the Lord has given me. It is sweet documentation of these precious days with young children who make me laugh and smile…even with one shoe on and one shoe off:)

Here are a few more shots from our day! Donaldson (3) Donaldson (4)

Donaldson (35) Donaldson (9)

Donaldson (56) Donaldson (20)

Donaldson (74) Donaldson (48)

Donaldson (80)

3 comments:

JC said...

I love what God is doing in your lives, and I love the last picture especially. Those are real smiles.

Whitney said...

I LOVE your family picture! It couldn't be any better :-)

Celee said...

Great pictures! I have a terrible time making the kids all look at me at the same time, let alone all smile for the camera. There's something to be said though of integrity in photography, is there not? I would a million times rather have my crazy bunch of characters than stepford children. Well, most of the time.

Celee