My heart is full tonight. Today, Inheritance Adoptions, the wonderful adoption agency that helped us adopt Zachariah held a celebration for all the families in the DFW area that have adopted children.
It was so much fun to mingle and share stories with other adoptive moms. It was especially fun to meet “in real life” a blog friend……Corrie Long from http://longingforone.blogspot.com/.
November is national Adoption Awareness month…so I thought I would spend a few “blog sessions” on sharing my heart on adoption and a little bit of Zachariah’s story.
I will start with his name. Zachariah’s birthmother ask to name him….and she gave him the beautiful name Zachariah. The name Zachariah means “Remembered by God.”
I have also heard adopted children called “chosen children” However; I feel that I was the one chosen. I sometimes stand in awe to think that God chose me to be Zachariah’s mom out of all the other moms in the world…it is a very humbling thought..and I take the responsibility very seriously.
I remember the first Christmas we celebrated with Zachariah…and as I watched friends and family shower him with gifts…my mind wandered to “what could have been” and I knelt down and thanked God for remembering him.
Today, 4 1/2 years later. There is something about Zachariah that endears him to everyone around him. He is playing soccer for the first time this year…and the coach’s wife pulled me aside one day and told me how much her older son “loves” Zachariah and feels like he has to be at the practices and games to support Zachariah! (not his own younger brother!)
Mrs. Vicki loves Zachariah and is always emailing with a specific verse she has prayed for Zachariah for the day or week. We covet Mrs.Vicki’s prayers!
Tonight at church one of Zachariah’s friends “Jack’s mom” came up and told Zachariah that Jack (on far right) prays for him every night. This touched my heart so much!
God remembered Zachariah!
3 comments:
Oh, how very precious. Thank you for sharing your heart!
mascara warning would have been good here. ;)
Love Zachariah, and never knew the story of his name! God does remember him! That's beautiful!
~Mindy
Finished reading through tears. What a precious testimony. I love the cake too, what a sweet idea
Post a Comment