I gave each child a marshmallow and a triangle of a crescent roll. The marshmallow represents Jesus body. After dipping the marshmallow in butter (oil) each child rolled their marshmallow in sugar and cinnamon. (Spices used to anoint the body of Jesus)
Then they wrap the marshmallow tight into the crescent roll. (Wrapping of Jesus body after death)
Then, place in the oven (TOMB) at 350 for about 10 minutes.
While we were waiting our “3 days” I played the DVD of Miss Patty Cake’s song “Resurrection Day”
And then…..guess what!? Jesus is no longer in the cloth….He Is Risen!
Later and after a 4 hour nap! (Whoo hoo!)
I buried our Resurrection Eggs in our sensory table.
This year, I numbered each egg and the children had to hunt for the numbers I assigned them.
I told them the story of Easter egg by egg. I found a more “preschool friendly” version of the Resurrection Eggs over at Carissa's site.
May you and your family have a wonderful Easter celebrating the Resurrection of our Risen Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment