Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Batman Fun!

 

We were super excited to integrate Carisa’s Batman Preschool Pack  into Zachariah’s summer sensory handwriting program this week!

First up, he had some scissor practice cutting out different sized Batman images. 

IMG_0589 IMG_0590

Next, are 2 activities Levi was able to do while I worked with Zachariah on some writing.  Then, Zachariah took a turn on these easier activities while I worked with Levi.

Matching the color words in print to matching color of batman’s wings.

IMG_0593

IMG_0596

Levi is putting number in order 1-10.

Then I had him put the coordinating number of beads on each card…..Then I had him pop them all together:) (needed extra time!)

IMG_0599

Ava was busy tracing some lines to connect “the good guys” to the “bad guys”

IMG_0592

In the meantime, Zachariah was…..

tracing letter B and b…..(then he wrote it in his workbook on his own a few times)

IMG_0591

rolling play dough and forming the letters b and r….

IMG_0601 IMG_0600

finding the matching letters to letters I called out to him…

IMG_0604

IMG_0603

Last but not least…working on a color by number activity… (this activity I spread over 3 days) He colored 2 different numbers each day and we “painted” on the 3rd day. 

IMG_0605

IMG_0614

We used watercolor colored pencils…after he finishes coloring them, you can dab a q-tip in water and turn the pencil marks into paint.  His little muscles are getting lots of great practice with coloring in the lines in a fun fun way!

IMG_0615

 

Another “just for fun” element I added this week is our new gently used gem Melissa and Doug mailbox I found at a local consignment shop! Zachariah loves to check the mail each day! So this morning he had lots of mail ready for him when he woke up.

IMG_0606 IMG_0607

IMG_0611

Now my intention when planning this activity is that he would tell me each letter as he took them out of the mailbox. (These are his sensory flashcards made with jello and glue!)

But he quickly started to doing this…..

IMG_0608

So he had fun telling me which letters he was mailing, instead of which ones he was receiving:) Same goal achieved!

IMG_0609

Carisa has TONS of different preschool themes to help your child learn….check them out here.

2 comments:

Celee said...

Looks like fun!

ThePoeFam said...

Crazy that I just saw this and we just did our yesterday! :) So fun!!!