Sunday, October 30, 2011

Kindergarten Fun!


I have mentioned before that Zachariah is in a 4 day kindergarten program. The wonderful thing about that is I get to teach him on Fridays. I was too excited when Carisa introduced her Kindergarten Curriculum. It has been the PERFECT fit to fill up a Friday…and I’ve been able to make it follow his teacher’s instruction as well.
RRRSK-header-copy2
He is working on a Phonics Lesson
IMG_1745
Then he writes the same words that he just identified on his phonics page.
IMG_1766I LOVE these pictures below because BOTH boys are working TOGETHER on a Math lesson.  I was giving oral directions and problems they had to solve together. It was a number line activity.
IMG_1747IMG_1746 IMG_1748
SUPER Sweet….don’t ya think?
IMG_1750 
After all this table work, we headed outside for a movement break on the trampoline.
ECShowTellbutton
We used our Education Cubes for some sight word jumping fun!
IMG_1758
The boys would jump until I said “land”, they each had to grab a cube and read the word they landed on.
IMG_1753
IMG_1757 IMG_1761 IMG_1762
Be sure  to visit Show and Tell for lots of other great ideas with Education Cubes.
This activity was cut short by the cries of my little girl who is recovering from surgery….so we didn’t get to the You Can Read work until the next day…..but thats ok! We got it done!
image42
IMG_1767 IMG_1774
IMG_1775

2 comments:

Carisa said...

As always, I love seeing your kiddos in action...thanks so much for sharing ;-).

Mama Jenn said...

Thanks so much for linking up to the Education Cubes Show & Tell! I LOVE your ideas! May I have permission to feature this post on the Education Cubes blog? I would use one of your photos and provide links back to your site. Please let me know your thoughts! :-)