Monday, February 20, 2012

Hands On Math and Art!

Its been a while since I have been excited enough about a “mommy school lesson” to blog about it. I am preparing to homeschool my oldest next year and am enjoying dabbling in a few curriculum recommendations when I get the chance.  Todays post is about TLC ART. This is a program that one of my dear kindergarten teacher friends does in her kindergarten class weekly.  I decided to do one of the online sample lessons with my crew! Take a peek.
Materials given to each child.
IMG_3283
Children do not know what they are making but must listen and follow directions. 
For example:
“Find your black rectangle. Glue it horizontally to the bottom of your paper”
IMG_3284
“Place your blue rectangle horizontally on the left side of your paper.”
IMG_3285
“Place your red square on top of your red rectangle
IMG_3286
Other Math Vocabulary/directions used in this lesson were:
“fold the rectangle in half”
“cut a circle”
Wa….lah! Our final product
Zachariah…Kindergarten age 5. 11 months
IMG_3288
Levi…Pre K4…age 5. 3 months
IMG_3287
Ava..PK3…Age 4.1 month
IMG_3289
I did have to guide my kids and teach them what these vocabulary words meant during this lesson.
I LOVE this….and didn’t waste any time ordering 3 more units….stay tuned for ABCS, Space, and Stages of a ButterflySmile

No comments: