Friday, January 6, 2017

Happy New Year!



Happy New Year Friends!!!!! I am returning to the blog to post share something very close to my heart.  As a child I was an avid reader. I had a fabulous closet that I would hide in every night as I would run along the Banks of Plum Creek in my imagination. I would pretend to open that closet door and step into the Winter snow of Narnia. However, as I grew up and especially after I had children, my love of reading was transformed into reading a child a story on my lap and I stopped reading for my own enjoyment.

Until the day...... someone put the books The Mission of Motherhood and The Ministry of Motherhood in my hands. I once again had a book in my hand that I could not put down. These two books encouraged me the most as I very quickly and unexpectedly became the mother of 3 children in 21 months. Yes, I said 3 children in 21 months. You can read that story here.


The author of these books, Sally Clarkson,  became a dear friend to me fast. First only on paper and then in real life, after I started attending her yearly conference in Dallas. Here is a picture of the 2 of us with my cousin Jayna who attended with me last year.


Which leads me to the pulse of the purpose of this blog post. A few weeks ago, I began the super fun adventure of being on the launch team for Sally's new book Different.



As most of you may know, I have a child who is different. While I am very careful to protect his privacy, I have also tried to be transparent in our journey. I believe that in being transparent God will use us to encourage others who made need some help or encouragment in a similar journy.  Some of Zach's story is here.  


When, I first started reading the book,  I was at a local park and my kids were playing. Hot tears started pouring down my face as I read Chapter 2, I Run To you. Especially this part of what Sally Clarkson felt God was whispering to her " If you accept this child as a gift from Me, I will use him as
a blessing in your life. Let go of your questions, fears, and guilt.
If you submit to My will with a humble heart, I will carry this
burden for you so you can find peace" 

She also writes " This is not a sprint. This is a long-distance marathon. Nathan (her son) can grow stronger over time and mature, but you need to leave him in My hands. You cannot figure it all out. But can love him. I have trusted you with him because I believe you would choose to do this. I had hoped you would try to figure out how his brain worked. Every day you trust Him to Me is a day I am honored by your faith" 


You see.... this prayer and the words above  got me through a very difficult doctors visit a few days later. .Zach had recently had a brain MRI that  showed us "the problem" and the doctors gave me the very worst possible scenario.  As the doctor was rattling off all these things the "old me" would have immediately started asking a million question on how to solve "the problem". Instead God's peace that passes all understanding was in my heart, because He had faithfully put me on a launch team and I had read chapter 2 a few days before this visit. 

. Thank you sweet Jesus for preparing my heart and thank you Sally for so beautifully sharing your prayers and journey with us. Thank you Nathan Clarkson for being so transparent and allowing your mother to use your story.

Labels

The Book is available on Amazon, on January 24th!


As for my Zach, here is a picture of him as a Shepherd this past year at our church's Christmas Show. It is the first time he has wanted a "special part" and was willing to endure the stage lights to have one! God is Good! 




PS. If you are interested in attending Sally's next Conference. Check out that information here.














No comments: