Well....its that time again. New books. New supplies. New year.....New things to learn....Same teacher. I have had a hard 2018. I was tempted to put my kids in traditional school this year. Why? Because I can't seem to pull it all together "perfectly" You know the pintrest perfect back to school table.
.the perfectly designed school room...you get the drift. Then one afternoon, a sweet mom from my church posted on facebook....."we just started today...." And I thought....what a novel idea??!! Let's just start. My bookshelf is full of curriculum.{I am a known curriculum junkie}...my brain is full of ideas..{it never stops thinking of teaching methods..thank DBU for that I guess??}
Let's just start. SO WE DID. One random day, I called the kids to the table and we started. 5th and 6th grade.
We started with Notgrass History Curriculum that I love that combines, Bible, History and great non-twaddle novels:)
Levi has been emailing back and forth with a friend creating a movie script together. His friend recommended Writing Radar. For now, I am following the inspiration. The picture below was taken on a SATURDAY morning. The power of peer recommendations.
Levi is going to do Life of Fred math this year. He loves it. I've told him as long as he can pass the quizzes in a more standard Math format, I will allow it. He is also taking a Middle School Life Science class this year at Thinking Reeds.
He was also thrilled to find this Scientific Calculator on sale at Target. So I found a Math lesson on Math Geek Mama..that would be a good fit for him to use it. This is a great site for fun hands on math lessons.
I found Ava a great fun lesson on factoring. I was thrilled with the find. She wasn't.
We are going to continue using CNN 10 for our daily World and Current Events. I like to watch this before our prayer time each morning because then we are able to pray specifically for things happening in our World.
Last but not least..{ for today} Keyboarding! I've had this file on my computer for two years!
Pulled it out, and we hit lesson 1.
Last but not least----these are my books for the next few months!
Hopefully, I'll see you again real soon!















1 comment:
Yup, sometimes you just gotta start. ☺️ Great job, Noelle! Your children are so blessed to have you. Looks like a great year ahead for y’all.
Post a Comment