Wednesday, April 22, 2020



Hello Sweet Friends! 








I do hope and pray this blog post finds your family safe, healthy, and making lots of memories! I have had this blog post rolling around in my head for a few weeks now. 


The Lord called me into full time Home Education when my oldest child was about to enter kindergarten.  We were just beginning to find out the vastness of his special needs. 

Over the past nine years, I have learned a lot and I just wanted to share my heart with you today. I hope that you will find this post encouraging. 

I know most of you did not choose this season in your life. Some of you are trying to work a full time job from home and also home educate your child right now. Its hard! 

The biggest thing I had to learn when I first started to home educate, was simply, home is NOT school.  This was not an easy thing to cast aside as I had spent so many years as a public school classroom teacher. However; over time, I learned there are so many wonderful properties of home. These properties making learning at home beautiful and enchanting! 

Home does not have a fixed schedule, BUT a good routine is helpful! 

At home, you have the freedom to eat a snack whenever you want! And momma, when all the kids are crying over Math, its a great time to get the BROWNIES OUT! Nothing changes a bad day around like a great big pan of brownies! 







At home, your kids can sit on the couch, relax in a swing, Zoom in from their beds! Home is comfortable!!!  In my home, I do not have a set “school room”. We learn all over our house and outside!!! 



This is a also a great time to build relationships with your kids. If your kids are having trouble getting along and or not wanting to do their school work. DROP IT! Play a game first, cook a meal together…..CONNECT! After a few hours or even a few days of connection and building your relationship, add school back in!  







Lastly, Mama….you are setting the temperature in your home right now. If you need a break, take a break. Jump in that bath tub in the middle of the day! Get yourself a cup of tea. Drive around the neighborhood alone! Self Care is so important! You cannot pour from an empty cup!  Grab the hem of HIS garment every day! Jesus loves you and cares about you so much! 


You can do this mama! Big hugs today!
Noelle

No comments: