

Today is my daughter's first birthday. When I was nine years old....My mama woke me up early to go to Kmart to get my first Cabbage Patch Doll. The one I wanted had blonde hair and blue eyes...ironically her name was Joella, very close to my name. I took Joella everwhere with me for about 4 years. I don't think there is a picture of me during that time span as a little girl without Joella in it. From that moment on....my deep desire for a daughter began. When I went to DBU, my dear amiga Damaris, gave me a journal...I used that journal to write "Dear Daughter" I shared my college ups and downs, I shared with her the day I met her dad...and the pain of losing her brothers and or sisters who she will meet in heaven one day. I shared with her the joy of adopting Zachariah and later adding Levi to the family. Then one special day, I was able to write "Dear Ava..." and shared with her my emotion of finding out she was on the way!!!
So today on her first birthday, I share with my blog readers this entry:
Dear Ava,
A year has past. I can't believe it. You have given me so much joy this year. The way you smile almost every single time I take your picture, the way you say "thankyou", the way you say, Mama...and the way you snuggle when you are oh so very tired.
When I saw your sweet face on the day we met.....I cried. You were finally here.
Everyone who met you would say...."She is beautiful. She looks just like you."
Your name was chosen for you because I thought the name Ava was rare at the time...it turned out to be very popular....and I have always loved the uniqueness of Noelle and wanted to share it with you.
Your name was chosen for you because I thought the name Ava was rare at the time...it turned out to be very popular....and I have always loved the uniqueness of Noelle and wanted to share it with you.
My hopes for you....that you would grow to Love the Lord with all your heart....and to always love doing things for other people.
My First Prayer for you...1 John 3:1...that you would be a proud daugher of the King of Kings and be a princess for Him.
You are a gift that changed my life....your presence taught me to try to be like Esther...so you would also desire to be like her.
Everytime I hold you, my heart overflows with thoughts of being the best mom I can for you...and to teach you manners. Good manners will take you far in life....after all...the Bible tells us to treat others the way we want to be treated. And that is really all good manners is....treating others the way we want to be treated.
For your first birthday, we had a princess tea party. You are indeed a princess, but not the kind that can sit on her throne and demand all she wants.....but the kind of princess that honors her King....who is her Heavenly Father.
Let your beauty be that of your inner self. 1 Peter 3:4
Serve one another in love. Galations 5:13
A friend loveth at all times. Proverbs 17:17
Show proper respect to everyone. 1 Peter 2:17
Be kind and compassionate to one another. Ephesians 4:32
These are the truths that a true princess knowes in her heart.
I love you so much,
Mama
1 comment:
Noelle I think your little family of 3 babies is just wonderful!!! They are all three beautiful and very lucky to have you as a mommy! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your baby girls name...Ava! It was good to see you on FB and now your blog. I will check in on you often. I have a blog too but its not as cute as yours!! happyhuddlehome.blogspot.com I wanted to have the name H3 but I guess the Hummer people got to it first!
Post a Comment