


I am often ask the question, “Are you still teaching?” I think to myself..yes, I am but my students are much younger. I was recently inspired by some of my very creative teacher buddies who are also “teacher moms” now to start doing with my own children what I would be doing if I were still in the “classroom.”
Thus the idea of circle day evolved.......
We woke up this morning and made Circle Friend Pancakes. Our poor men to do not have arms or feet...because the boys were much too excited to get them in their tummys.
We then moved onto pouring circle macaroni into various plastic circle containers. We then practiced putting the macaroni on a pipecleaner. After the macaroni grew tired....we counted circle cotton balls into our containers. LJ was so sweet to help his sister fill her container. Then, it was snack time, so we put circle crackers into circle snack containers.
Which we took with us to the library for “circle story time”
We then came home for our circle lunch. All circle foods in circles,
(round crackers, m&m's, round cheese, yougurt, round pineapple slice, round mini hotdogs)
Then all 3 kids...slept for 3 hours!!!
After nap time, the kids went outside and poured water into their circle pan and enjoyed exploring with mixing colors together. (Food coloring in the water) This activity engaged them for at least 30 minutes!!!
Next, the boys jumped and played with circle hula hoops. Ava enjoyed crawling from hoop to hoop.
And our last activity for the day....is making circle pizza for dinner.
And at the end of the day....I poured a bucket of cookie cutters on the floor and ask the boys to find a cirlce....and they did. They are probably like “enough with the circles mom!”
Ava was also imitating the word circle by the end of the day.
This was a fun fun day....next week....we'll have “heart day!
”
2 comments:
Can I come and play at your house! I always wondered what teachers did once they starting having children. What an inspiration, an eye opening experience. As mother of 4, let me just say that because you show your passion of teaching through your eyes, it will inspire and become apart of them, always. So don't ever think that they are tired of it, they just "get" it.
What a great day of circle activities! I need to be doing more stuff like this! Check out this site for lots of activities -
http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/
Post a Comment