Monday, July 27, 2009

Potty Training Update and a Trip Down Memory Lane..

I have gotten soooo many encouraging emails, I wanted to post this update.
The day after my last post, last Friday, I tried a new "plan" for Levi. Which was rewarding him every 30 minutes that he was dry. This was a huge motivator to stay dry. I am happy happy happy to report...he has not had a"pee pee" accident since:) He was home with his dad all day Saturday, went to church on Sunday..and had a playdate on Monday....all staying dry and requesting to go potty when he needed to go! We are still working hard on the "other function"
Everywhere I go.....people constantly tell me how much Ava looks like me. The truth is Ava looks a lot like my mother......who I also look a lot like. The 3 of us were at a restaurant one time and waitress who served us exclaimed "All 3 of you look just a like." Ava definitely has her Nana's dark beautiful skin. I have always had a very fair complexion. ANYWAY, the other day I snapped her picture in this adorable pillowcase dress that I found at an antique mall...and it sent me searching into my baby pictures because I remembered seeing one so very similar. I love that we are both in bare feet wearing a similar flow dress and both our arms are outstretched. This is my new favorite picture of the 2 of us "together."

On a side note, I have written before how very sad I was that Ava never got to meet her Great Grandmother. In my grandmother's last years she embroidered me a bunch of pillowcases. While I was shopping at the antique mall, I got the idea to get my mom to turn them into vintage pillowcase dresses for Ava. I am so excited about this because she will be able to have something that her Grandmother (Nana) and her Great-Grandmother made for her.
Thanks for reading,
N

No comments: