Wednesday, September 9, 2009

So Thankful

Tonight, Zachariah went to Awanas. Awanas is a national club designed to Reach Children with the Gospel, Teach children how to have a relationship with Christ, and Train them to Study God's Word and Hide it in Their Heart. (all in fun fun ways) This is the first time Zachariah has been in an organized "club". Every week he will recite his Bible Verses to a teacher and earn a patch for his vest. And as I watched him tonight...so excited to go to class, and so excited to wear his vest....I couldn't help but bow my head and thank God for remembering him and bringing him into our family. Interestingly enough, His birthmother named him...but I know God put the name on her heart. His name means "Remembered by God"..I am so very excited to see how God will use this young man! When I picked him up, he was happy and excited. He ran up and hugged his teachers goodbye and ran into the arms of his 2 year old Sunday School teacher as we were leaving.I am so grateful to be part of such a wonderful church...and to think of the life Zachariah could have had if God had not remembered him 3 years ago...but He did! Thank you Jesus for choosing us to be Zachariah's parents.
















2 comments:

Celee said...

what a blessing! I didn't know they started at age 3! My sweet 3 yr old quoted Ephesians 6:1 to me today. It's precious!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this post! We are so blessed by all the children God places in our homes but there is something especially poigniant about adoption. Blessings on you as you parent all your babies in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.