I have not had much luck getting my kids to eat raw carrots. I have bought them in the past, offered them to the kids, and end up throwing them in with a roast because they would not eat them. They will eat them cooked. So I was shopping at Target the other day and saw…..
Hmmmm….Would this really work? They were selling for a little over a dollar…so I thought it would be a fun experiment to see if they would eat
“Lightning McQueen” carrots. I have seen the Disney characters on tasty items, apples, spaghetti o’s etc…but have never wanted to spend the extra money, because my kids will eat the generic items for a fraction of the cost. I will also add the movie “Cars” is the first movie that the boys would sit down and watch from start to finish. It totally holds their attention.
So did it work? You be the judge….
Levi, my more picky eater…normally won’t even taste something different…he ate most of his. Zachariah, dipped his and kept licking the ranch dressing off. I didn’t take Ava’s picture b/c I didn’t buy one for her…and she kept saying “Cars…Mommy, where’s my Cars?” She did eat them too!
1 comment:
I saw this Dr Oz episode once that looked at the influence of peer pressure and trying new foods like broccoli. It worked. Also, each time they try it they should suffer a little less aversion. I guess the old try it anyway really works. Congrats on getting your boys to eat raw carrots!
Post a Comment