Friday, April 16, 2010

Rainbow Rice, Eggs and Scooby Doo!

I found another great blog recently. Last summer, one of the boys went to fine motor skills camp where I was given tons of fine motor labs to do with him. Kids love sensory activities and I can use this to shake up those fine motor labs! So after finding this blog, I tackled this fun project with the kids.

http://all-about-the-journey.blogspot.com/2009/12/rainbow-rice.html

rice1 rice2

rice3

rice4

rice5 rice6

Tonight I hit IKEA to buy beads, funnels, spoons, tongs, and tons of other fun stuff to make our sensory tubs lots of fun!

For some reason, I have never like dying Easter Eggs. Not sure why seeing I have no problem dying rice! Anyway, I picked up a dye set at 75% off and let the kids dye their Fun Friday Snack today.

eggs3 eggs2 eggs1

Oh yeah, my kids love dressing up. I have a “Costume Shop” they are allowed to shop as they please. You just never know who is going to appear each day…Superman, Buzz Light Year, Lightning McQueen, Raggedy Andy, A Princess, or maybe even a “naked cowboy,” Today,Scooby Doo was the costume of choice! I love it. scooby3 scooby2 scooby1

No comments: