Sunday, July 25, 2010

Taking My Show On The Road

Triple Smiles is on the road…..our final destination is a week with Nana and Papa in Tennessee.

First we had a blast visiting with 2nd and 3rd cousins in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Chattanooga 119

First let me give you some background. My paternal grandmother lives in Chattanooga. I have been taken to Chattanooga literally all my life to visit her, and as an adult now, I always make it priority to visit her when I am on this side of the country. She is 93 years old now.

Chattanooga has also usually been the common “meeting place” to visit with my cousin Amber who lives in Atlanta. Amber and I are the only girl cousins on the Liner side..and have always been very close cousins. However; it wasn’t until Amber and I both had kids that we both fell in love with the city of Chattanooga. It is a charming town with TONS of things to do with little ones. So this year we decided to make a weekend of the charming city instead of our normal 2-3 hour visit at the Children’s Museum once or twice a year.

Chattanooga 034

We did actually start our adventure at the Children’s Museum. My aunt is always kind enough to secure admission for us:) They had a cool snake for us to look at and touch this time.

chattanooga 044 Chattanooga 047

Ava enjoyed learning about static electricity.

Chattanooga 055

Next, we headed up Look Out Mountain on the Incline Railway. Chattanooga 013

Chattanooga 023 Chattanooga 014

Amazing view at the top.

Chattanooga 002

All 6 kids….seated oldest to youngest 5,4,3,3,2,1

Chattanooga 032

Our next adventure took us to the historic Chattanooga Choo Choo….

Chattanooga 084

Chattanooga 085

Chattanooga 074 Chattanooga 075

They had a darling little candy store. Chattanooga 079

Chattanooga 080

All the kids choose the same candy…different colors of course!

The price tag was just right at $1 each!

Chattanooga 082

This was a cute shot I snagged as the boys

were teaching their 3rd cousin to play “Match”

“Match” is a game they made up one day at the breakfast table. Basically when both have something that is alike. They put the items together and say “Match”

Chattanooga 083

Stay tuned for more of our Chattanooga Adventure……

No comments: