Friday, July 30, 2010

Handy Manny Day

I am so excited about this post because it all came together without a whole lot of planning.

NanaPapa 153

Last May, I downloaded the Handy Manny Lapbook from Carisa’s site and put it in my “H” folder for our Summer Learning.

I had told my mom ahead of time that we would be having H is for Handy Manny day on Friday. She had the boys matching T-shirts and a few books ready for them when we arrived!

On Thursday, my sister in law and myself hit a local consignment sale and I found the above toy. I was THRILLED to say the least. The truck turns into Manny’s workshop with all the tools.

So we started our day playing with the Handy Manny toy and reading a Handy Manny book.

NanaPapa 115 NanaPapa 116

NanaPapa 145

Then the kids settled down one at a time to work on the lapbook.

NanaPapa 152

NanaPapa 139 NanaPapa 141

Zach and Ava are matching the “toy tools” with the tools on the page of the lapbook and the coloring them the correct color. (I am also teaching them the word in Spanish as they color…but that is not primary task)

NanaPapa 148 NanaPapa 150

(This is Levi doing the same thing, he was out with Nana earlier)

NanaPapa 147

Levi working on putting the letters of his name in the correct order.

We also played a “round” of Handy Manny Dominoes:) Thanks Nana for all the fun toys to make today special.

NanaPapa 142 NanaPapa 143

NanaPapa 144

1 comment:

Celee said...

Glad you're having a good time at Nana's! Hey- I gave you a silly blog award. Check it out when you have time.

Celee