Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ava’s Boxes

Well Ava has not let me forget she does not have boxes. My idea for her is basically the same as for the boys, but a lesser number of boxes and bigger boxes.

So today during the boys naptimes…. (Ava slept at preschool) we put her boxes together.

Avaboxes 001

Box 1- Chopsticks, Pom Poms and Cups

Avaboxes 002

Box 2- Melissa and Doug Magnetic Dolls

Avaboxes 003

Box 3- Pegboard

Avaboxes 004

For now, I want to keep Ava’s boxes very easy and things she can totally do without my help. This gives me a huge amount of time I can spend with the boys on one of their activities. They often need help with their activities.

Ava in action with Box 1

Avaboxes 006 Avaboxes 007

Avaboxes 005

An added bonus to this organizational system is that Daddy has jumped in on the action! He has been picking a box a night to do with the boys. In the past he told me he has not known where I keep things and he doesn’t really know the difference between “learning supplies” and “free play toys” but with this system in place it makes it very easy for him to do something manageable with each child!

Daddy is keeping all 3 kids soon for 3 whole days and I am so glad I have this system in place now because I think I can prepare in a way that will make the 3 days as easy as possible for him…or at least I can try!

Ava 008

1 comment:

Meve & Co. said...

there's the matching sweatsuit--too cute!