I am constantly tweaking my organization of our learning materials and or the best way to have them learn. Yesterday, I had the most fun play date with my friend Debe who has a son about Zachariah’s age…and she showed me her system. I couldn’t wait to get home and try it for myself. I LOVE IT!
I already had this craft supply rolling rack holding JUNK. So I threw out all the junk into a box….and created “Learning Boxes”
I have them labeled Z1 Z2….etc and L1…L2.
Each box has an activity in these areas….
1…Handwriting without Tears Activity (Sticks, Playdough, or Stamps, Workbook on the 4th day)
2 and 3 Confessions of a Homeschooler Letter of the week Activity. (This week is letter E)
http://confessionsofahomeschooler.blogspot.com/2010/07/letter-of-week-curriculum.html
4. Fine Motor Activity (Stacking Blocks and Punching holes in these pictures)
5. Math (Pattern Blocks this week) \
Zachariah’s boxes for tomorrow…
Levi’s boxes for tomorrow….
Each day the boys will get new activities. But I will just alternate what is in each activity box.
Jessica over at Confessions also has a great version of these boxes! http://confessionsofahomeschooler.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Workbox%20System
Ava has already ask me “Where are my boxes?” I have an idea in my brain for her……will share later:)
No comments:
Post a Comment