Wednesday, December 8, 2010

N is for Nativity

This week the kids are studying letter N. Levi was also the V.I.P. for his preschool class which meant that he got to bring home “Mr. Froggy” for a visit. Levi’s assignment was to teach Mr. Froggy all about the letter N.

The first thing Levi showed Mr. Froggy was our Little People Nativity Set.

IMG_7461

After they played with the Nativity for a little bit, I read Mr. Froggy a book about Baby Jesus.

Next, I gave the kids a page of stickers and let them create their own Nativity on paper. They did a great job.

IMG_7466 IMG_7465

And then it was time for my favorite activity for the day! Last year, my friend Eve did this with her kids and I have had it “tucked away” since then.

We made a Gingerbread Nativity Scene.

First, ice your graham crackers with icing.

IMG_7469

Then you “glue” them to the side of your box. We used 1.2 of a butter box.

IMG_7471

Then you put a glob of icing down and arrange pretzels for a manger.

IMG_7472

Next, add coconut (colored yellow) for the hay.

IMG_7473

Then, add your animal crackers!

(They stand easily in globs of icing)

IMG_7474

Next add Mary and Joseph. We used

Gingerbread people:)

IMG_7475

Finally, place a star on top.

I used a cookie cutter and cut out a piece of bread and then toasted it so it would stand up.

IMG_7476

IMG_7479

HAVE FUN!

No comments: