Saturday, June 16, 2012

Happy Father’s Day, Daddy.

 

Well once again, I am using my blog as a method of saying “Happy Father’s Day” to the best Daddy a little girl could ever every imagine…just in the nick of time no lessSmile

Things you might NOT know about my dad……

1. He ALWAYS had time for me. He was never too busy. I always knew that I could walk into his office at anytime and he would stop what he was doing to see what I needed.

2. He drove me to school almost everyday from Kindergarten-6th grade. 

3. When I hit a tree learning to drive, he stayed calm and said “honey, you just hit a tree.”

4. When he came home to a HOLE in our garage door because I backed our car though the door…he simply said “oh honey, we’ll have to work on that!”

5. After, I perfected driving enough to drive across town and decided I MUST have a donut from McFarlans before that darn Algebra class…I knew I could stop by the church for him to write me a note to “excuse” me for being late to school. Smile 

mcfarlans

(my kids getting a McFarlans treat..Christmas Eve 2011)

6. He NEVER made me go to church. Instead, he taught me to LOVE going to church.

7. He cherished me….and because he did, I never looked for love in the wrong places.

8. He was consistent.

9. He took me bowling.

10. He taught me to love others…and that honey always worked better than vinegar.

I do Love my Daddy…and am proud to still be a Daddy’s little girlSmile

wedding

And this is what his grandkids have to say about him……

His name is Papa Liner.

He is 17 years old. He weighs 25 or 30 pounds. He likes to eat Fruits and Vegetables and drink Dr. Pepper. His favorite color is green. He is so strong, he could lift a trampoline. His favorite toys is robots. When he goes to work, he preaches. He likes to take us fishing. He smiles when he sees us coming. We love spending the night on his bunk beds.

papa1papa2

No comments: