Thursday, May 31, 2012

Learning with the Octonauts

 

We don’t watch a ton of T.V. at our house……enough for sure, but not a ton. However there is one little show that my kids discovered and after previewing it…..I found that I kinda like it too.

oct

The Octonauts are a crew of eight adorable animals who explore the ocean in search of adventure and fun! From their undersea "Octopod" base, the eight talented critters (including a valiant polar bear, daredevil kitten, and big-hearted penguin) are always ready to embark on new exciting missions. The show is actually very educational and teaches the kids a lot of underwater sea facts that qualify it as “educational” T.V. in my bookSmile 

So I beyond thrilled when Carisa released The Octonaunts Kindergarten Printables. This was the perfect way to start our summer learning!

We started by reading the names of each of the Octonaunts and matching them to their picture on the easel.

IMG_4222IMG_4223

Then we decided which was our favorite and wrote a sentence about it.

IMG_4224

Next, we cut out and assembled our early reader.

IMG_4225IMG_4229

We also found the easy reader on the I-pad that went with our book.

IMG_4228

IMG_4230

We also practiced writing the names of each of the characters.

IMG_4235IMG_4237

For Ava, I wrote the names in yellow and let her trace over my letters.

IMG_4238

Finally, we worked on our money skills. The kids are learning the names of the coins and their values. We used this activity along with our money poems bags I made up for Zachariah. Each time, he finds a coin, we add it to his bag and recite the poem.

IMG_4239IMG_4240

IMG_4241

IMG_4243

 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: