Monday, July 1, 2013

Walking in The Truth

 

IMG_20130418_093240

I am a Baptist Pastor’s Daughter. Southern Baptist. I was taught from as early as I can remember that Jesus Loved Me….because the Bible told me so.  It was simple to me….the Bible held the answers to life’s journey.  I don’t remember my parents ever MAKING me go to church, I remember them teaching me to LOVE going to church. I loved everything about “being a child of the church” I loved singing in the children’s/youth choir. I loved going to Sunday School. I loved being in GA’s. I loved youth group. I loved Disciple Now. I loved everything about church.

When I was in First Grade, I remember walking down the aisle to my sweet Daddy/Pastor at the front of the church and telling him I wanted to ask Jesus to come into my life to be my Savior. That decision I have never regretted. He has been my Rock.

I have had times in my life that were hard. I think my most significant wilderness experiences was the loss of my first 2 children. But I have learned recently that God gives us those wilderness times, so that we can look back on them and see how HE brought us out of them…with a story to share to help others.  That decision I made in First Grade has carried me thru some difficult times in the past 10 years or so. Times that I don’t want to walk through again, but so very thankful I had a Savior to carry me though them.

My Savior has also guided me though times where there was no other answer, but to say “Thank you God!” for this provision.

Earlier this summer, my children made that same decision to follow Jesus. Yes, they are young, but their hearts are pure and soft. They are moldable…and I pray that I do as good of a job as my parents did in teaching to love Jesus, to follow Him, and to love being at His home.

boysatcross

avacross

No comments: