I posted on Facebook a few weeks ago, that I was taking a different approach to trying to teach my kids their ABC’s. My first approach was to teach them one letter each week. I tried to keep up with the letter of the week Zachariah was learning in preschool. That approach just has not worked with us. One of my very dear teacher friends reminded me to start with the letters in their name. Another dear friend told me about making their name in Jello! Well, the Donaldson household has been under the weather the past few days, I have struggled to get the kids to eat anything…and now that Mama Bear is feeling better…tonight was the big night for “Name Letter Jello” for supper. Yes, this was about all they ate tonight. I am not sure I did the recipe exactly right because I am have never seen Jello like this on the face afterwards!
How To:
Get a box of Jello. Follow the recipe on the back of the box for “Jello Jigglers” ( I would type it out but am out of Jello!) After Jello has gelled, use letter cookie cutters to cut out name. I cut out all my letters before taking them out of the pan. Then you submerge the bottom of the pan into warm water..take letters out carefully. You have to work fast b.c the warm water will try to melt the Jello back to liquid form.
Teaching Tool: Ask your child to point to letter before letting them eat it! If they don’t get it the first time, repeat it until they have success!
All 3 of mine got every letter before they could eat them! Of course, Ava had it pretty easy with only 2 letters to learn!
1 comment:
I think the red faces are part of the fun! (Easy for a Grandma to say!) Joni
Post a Comment