Sunday, March 28, 2010

An Invitation to Tea

I love to throw a great tea party! There is just something about stepping back in time and rediscovering the civilized joy of a traditional afternoon tea. I love the dainty tea sandwiches and the 3 tiered platters of luscious sweets, and the perfectly brewed cup of tea in a china cup.

So you can imagine the excitement I felt when I uncovered this treasure at a consignment sale this past weekend.

teaparty 008

So after church and lunch today, Ava, Baby Scarlett and I had a pretend tea party!

teaparty 001 teaparty 004

teaparty 007

After we had been playing for a few minutes, we had a “traveling photographer” come by and want to take our picture.

teaparty 005

teaparty 006

(I think he has probably seen Mommy do this a time or two)

Side note: The old cameras are out of Grandpa Donaldson’s collection. The boys love to pretend play with them.

A few minutes later, we had another tea party guest join in our festivities. teaparty 014

teaparty 011

teaparty 010

I also found some dress up clothes for her at the consignment sale. She is getting so BIG!!! Even though I am a little sad about my baby growing up, I LOVE this age. I would much rather be playing tea party than cleaning up from Sunday lunch.

2 comments:

Meve & Co. said...

so sweet. my girls love tea parties too. i love ava's kitchen in the background!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute!!! I love your blog!!!