I’ve been a little quiet on the blog front lately.
It has taken me quite a while to settle back in our routine from being out of town for so long. I have also been working hard to get all my kids stuff ready to sell at a few upcoming consignment sales.
I also started teaching Zachariah to read! A friend of mine shared with me a gold nugget in the book
Teach Your Child To Read In 100 Easy Lessons For those of you who may not know, I have an Elementary Reading Degree, but I had never heard of this book in any of my training. I actually ran into my Reading professor at church the other day. She had never heard of it either. We are on lesson 5 now, and I think…. the book is FABULOUS! I love it, the lessons are short, easy and more than anything He is enjoying the lessons together.
Lastly, I thought I’d take a change of pace and share a few Math lessons in the upcoming blogs.
And as always, Carisa from 1 +1 +1 =1 is a huge help in my planning http://1plus1plus1equals1.blogspot.com/2010/06/preschool-printables-how-many.html
This is a fun way for the kids to count and then recognize the number they have counted.
Zach cutting out his cards. I highlighted the “cutting line” in yellow guide his scissors.
Zach clipping his clothes pin on the numberthat matches the number he counted.
Today I sat down and taught this activity, but this is totally an activity they can do on their own now.
PS….Also found out by doing this activity with Ava she knew all her numbers 1-10…CRAZY and YES I’m totally PRAISING THE LORD….b.c her Mama was quite Math challenged in her day. LOL.
Stay Tuned for “Some and Some More” Math!!!
1 comment:
Hey, I was just looking for you on facebook and couldn't find you. Where'd you go?
Glad you're enjoying 100 easy lessons. Don't worry about the strange phonetic letters. If you go through the whole book, they phase them out and by the end all the letters look normal. None of my kids have had any trouble with the adjustment and I was concerned the first time through.
Celee
Post a Comment