Thursday, August 26, 2010

More Math….and Fine Motor

Just a quick post to share a fun number Math activity I found on Carisa’s site.

http://1plus1plus1equals1.blogspot.com/2010/06/preschool-printables-pom-pom-numbers.html

auglearn 006

The kids were given a set of numbers with the matching number of colored dots on each card. They had to find the match and then glue pom poms to match the number of pompoms with the correct color. For example, the number 1 had 1 blue dot on it and they then had to find another number 1 and glue 1 blue pom pom on it:)

This was more challenging for them that I thought it would be. The 3 of them worked together on it and had fun doing it!

auglearn 009

Did you know squeezing a glue bottle strengthens fine motor skills? Something I learned in a parent training I went to at The Handwriting Clinic in Plano. http://www.thehandwritingclinic.com/

auglearn 008

auglearn 011

Today we went to meet the kids teachers at their preschool. Zach’s teacher won my heart immediately when she gave each kid a box of spaghetti and scissors to take home for the weekend!

auglearn 007

auglearn 012

auglearn

No comments: