Today was our “official” first day of homeschooling. I know….I know…but feeling quite a bit more pressure this year knowing they are legally required to be learning every day! Mama can’t just “not feel like it today” and let them play all day.
I thought I would share about our First day, but I am not/can not/will not take the time to do this everyday….but I know my mother if no one else likes to read this blog
This is what their school table looked like when they went into the school room this morning.
They each have a Bible, a tray with supplies, a Book they will author this week, and some activities.
We started the day at 8:15am with brainstorming ways they could be helpers to each other in this journey. Next I went over with the verse that I am claiming for this school year for each of them.
After they wrote the verse,we found the verse in the Bible and highlighted it.
After a prayer time, we dove into “My Book” My book is a book we will be working on all week highlighting different things about each child.
When they were working I read to them my favorite favorite First Day of School Book
After they completed the pages I wanted them to complete today, we did an activity with our phone number. All 3 TripleSmiles know my cel number.
I gave them each a number grid they had to cut apart and then find the numbers that created my cel number.
At 10:00..we took a small snack break! I pulled out a surprise from Trader Joes. (I was really so proud of them for working so hard for almost 2 hours!)
We started our “Math About Me” lesson after snack. and we started by building legos in lots of different combinations for the age of each child. This was HARDER than I thought for them.
They then had to write a Math Sentence for their age. Originally, they were supposed to write 3 Math Sentences, but just weren’t ready for more than one. For instance, I wanted them to figure out
4+2=6 3+3=6 and 2+4=6, but they just didn’t wrap their brain around that yet.
They also wrote the number in their address, number of people in our family
3 boys+2 girls=5 people
This shows our finished product
(Click on the photo to see it up close)
We finished up about noon today and then had lunch. After lunch, we had “Recess on Steroids”
This is a jump place in Plano, that Groupon actually has a deal for now. Super deal 4 kids for $15. Click here to buy one.
This place was truly a physical work out!
After an “extended” recess and PE thrown all in one today
So whether your name be Zachariah, Ava or Levi….Your off to Great Places…Your Off and Away……and I need to get ready for tomorrow! Whew…….
2 comments:
I admire you so much, my friend. :)
Wow! That sounds like a great first day! Good job teacher!
Post a Comment