Saturday, December 15, 2012

Learning At Home

IMG_7714IMG_7710
I thought I would write a post on homeschooling learning at home. I never ever ever ever thought I would teach my children at home. I don’t know that I’ll do it forever, but for now…it is my calling.  I believe with all my heart that my years studying to get my degree at Dallas Baptist University in education was to teach my own children. I have three children. I have one that takes a little more time to process things and thrives with one on one teaching, one who is reading ahead of his peers, and one who would rather be dancing than anything else right now, but somehow able to keep up with her brothers educationally tooSmile I have recently looked into another school choice but through a variety of circumstances the Lord has confirmed to me once again, that I am the one called to be their teacher. I should be honored by this calling….but I often allow Satan to tear me down whispering in my ear that I can’t do it. I constantly research the best way to teach the three different learning styles I have at my home and recently the Lord led me to a technique that has worked with great results. Those of you who have prayed for us over the past few weeks in this area….the Lord answered, not how I expected, but I am taking His calling….one day at a time. I am not sure if this is HIS plan forever,but it is for now, and I am certain of that.
We have the days that look like this…..
IMG_7187
But MOST days are like this…..
IMG_7874
gingerbread

IMG_7875IMG_7867IMG_7877IMG_7876
I think my favorite part….is taking off for immersion learning on things that interest us!
Titanic
Or….to just lay on a bed of nails!
bed of nails

No comments: