Friday, October 11, 2013

Raising Lil’Texans

Its that time of year again…..

IMG_1019

I sometimes forget that I didn’t grow up in Texas. I have always had a deep love for Texas. I think I must give credit for this love to my cousins. As a child we would visit Texas often and as the 3rd to the bottom youngest of 13 grandkids, I was spoiled rotten every visit by the 10 cousins older than me.

My husband laughs at how excited I get every year to take the kids to the State Fair. This is BIG DEAL in Texas. Everything ya know is BIG in Texas.

IMG_1122

We started the day visiting Elsie and cow and getting some yummy ice cream.

IMG_1005IMG_1002

Next we headed over to get in line for the Pee Wee Stampede!

IMG_1020IMG_1022IMG_1023IMG_1026

IMG_1030IMG_1032

Ava got picked to be the “Grand Marshall” and carry the flag around the arena.

IMG_1043

Riding their pony’s around the arena.

IMG_1053IMG_1058

Go! Ava! Go! Barrel Race….

IMG_1068IMG_1069

I had two trophy winners!

IMG_1079IMG_1064

After the Stampede, we hurried back across the Fairgrounds to watch The Lion King

lionkingIMG_1098

A few more fun things…..

IMG_1093IMG_1095IMG_1110IMG_1107

There is also a very special treat at the Fair that we get ONCE a year! IMG_1105

IMG_1101IMG_1102IMG_1104IMG_1103

Would you believe these little boogers lasted ALL DAY, and their mama!?

We even enjoyed the parade at the end of the day…..

IMG_1124IMG_1130IMG_1129

After we got home, Zachariah walked in the door…and IMG_1134

It was a super fab day! We’ll see you next year!

No comments: