Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Blanket of Love

In honor of Mother’s Day, I will blog about a blanket my mom made for me when I was a little girl. As a young girl, among many things, I loved Strawberry Shortcake. I had all the dolls, and I do mean all of them. I had the big strawberries that held all the dolls, the shoes, the dresses…the list goes on I’m sure. After I outgrew Strawberry Shortcake, as many moms do, my mom passed down the blanket to a my GA leader who has just had a baby girl.  I have many memories of my GA leader, but one of the best was after she had her new baby and she let me hold her. I remember feeling so grown up to be holding such a small miracle. Shortly after I had Ava…a package arrived in the mail….you guessed it the blanket. The blanket arrived with the original note that my mom had written to her. 

The note reads:ss 003

“I had this little blanket left over from Noel’s room. If you want it , you may have it for Anna Grace. If you can’t use it, pass it down to another little girl.”

I bet she never in a million years thought that next little girl would be her granddaughter. ss 001

Ava has just recently become interested in Strawberry Shortcake…and tonight for some reason I showed her the blanket. She was so excited. Yes, Nana has already bought her all the dolls, and I do mean ALL of them. I sold my set years ago…..but thanks to Ebay, Nana had no trouble finding what she “needs.”

ss 002

Thanks Mom, I love you. Happy Mother’s Day!

Side note:  My mom does know how to spell my name. The above spelling is my “birth name”. I legally changed my name after getting bored one day in High School Chemistry….another blog another day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this sweet memory. I hope Miss Ava enjoys this blanket as it comes wrapped in lots of love!!