In the past 24 hours I have had two very inspiring woman talk and write to me about the unrealistic image that our society puts on the shoulders of young moms. For some crazy reason, we feel the need to keep up with the mom next door or even the blog next door! However, I am coming to find that the mom next door’s house…is probably NOT as clean as you think!
The first REAL mom that inspired me is a friend of mine who was recently a contestant on the show The Biggest Loser, Season 8. I met Tracey years ago when her oldest daughter Hannah was in my 2nd grade class. Tracey is an amazing woman who shared her story on Friday to a group of my MOPS friends at First Baptist Church, McKinney. I want to share what Tracey spoke to us about because it is so empowering.
Tracey writes:
I had the pleasure today to speak to a wonderful group of Ladies. I started out telling them that they are not just a MOPS group.. Moms of Preschoolers.. My husband asked me what is a MOPS group.. I just looked at him I said Really!!
They are MOMS of
Prestige
Power
Purpose
They are MOMS of Preschoolers!
I have been a mom of a preschooler for many years, seems like when one was out of diapers I had another.. From temper tantrums, to picky eaters, kissing boo boos and wishing the nap time would just last a little while longer. I never really got that aspect of a nap. They get to play all day and then they are the one's that get a nap, go figure huh! That nap time is usually consumed by the MOPS mom picking up toys, cleaning up the dishes from lunchtime, folding laundry, and fielding phone calls. I can relate to these women! This is my life too, and I love it. Whenever I feel overwhelmed I always think of Abby my fellow contestant from Biggest Loser. Abby tragically lost her husband and 2 small children in a car accident. I remember Abby telling me on the ranch how she would do anything to have that overwhelming feeling of being a mom again. I reflect on those words she said to me so many times. I am so thankful to have my family to be overwhelmed with at times and when I think of her and who she is what she has gone through and she gets up to live her life everyday, it makes me fight harder to be a better mom of the P's (prestige, power, purpose, patience) A MOPS MOM!
Today as I was speaking to the group, I saw lots of heads nodding, eyes lighting up, and serious thoughts as to how these women can incorporate themselves around taking care of their families. It is a balance and there may be dirty dishes in your sink and your house may not be perfect all the time! But it can be done and there is time for you to Live the Life You Love.
Lots of questions came today
How do I feed my kids healthier? Healthy tips?
cut up your veggies ahead of time have them ready in your frig, you and your family will choose to start making better choices if you have them ready to go!!
Peanut Butter, stop buying it in a jar, grind your own, they have it Market Street, Whole Foods, Kroger. jar Peanut Butter is processed!
Try to stop feeding you and your family processed food and start eating and fixing your own food. Stop eating food from a box!!
Get creative, stop buying juice, make smoothies
Tracey's Smoothie!!
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen cherries
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1 banana
1/2 cup Almond Milk(I use silk brand)
add water to thin out. if you use fresh fruit instead of frozen use ice in place of water
If you like it sweeter add in 2 packets of Truvia
blend it up and you have instant smoothie!!
My kids love it!
As Moms it is so easy to get caught up in the everyday of life, and so easy to not schedule time to get a manicure or to spend with your girlfriends, or to put off reading that book to your little one, or just reading to yourself. We always feel we just don't have the time.. Make the time, do it!! No one can make you feel bad about yourself unless you let them.... keep smiling all you MOPS mom's out there!! You are raising children that may be a President one day or a teacher or a nurse or a firemen, You are raising your names sakes, and you are teaching them valuable lessons each day! How to love and how to live and now it's time live life to the fullest. So go hiking up that mountain that you think is too steep, let them run through the mud puddles and get all dirty, and leave those dishes in the sink and walk away to go play and sing in the rain with your little ones and do the Barney song and sing really really loud AHHh Ahhh Ahhh if all the raindrops were lemon drops and gum drops ohhh what a rain it would be!!!!!!
It's raining outside today as I write this blog how ironic, I"m going to go play and sing in the rain with my kids right now!!
Live the Life you Love!
Tracey
Tracey’s website is http://www.traceyyukich.com/
My 2nd challenge came from my cousin Jayna who very wisely today blogged about choosing her Babies over her Baseboards! Love it Jayna!
You can read Jayna’s heart at
http://dairygodmothers.blogspot.com/
But I am challenged tonight, to love on the mom next door, not judge her, not try to one up her. We need each other! Sure, lets share things that work for us….share things that don’t.
Most of you know that one passion I have personally is finding lots of fun and engaging activities for my kids. I blog about it all the time. People have ask me…HOW do you find the time to do all that you do with your children? And in my cousin Jayna’s words….I choose my “Babies over my Baseboards!” Here is the proof!
Kitchen: Counters covered with tons of clutter…sippys….Roses..added touch left over from Mother’s Day!
Check out our very healthy dinner tonight…boxes still on counter hours after dinner…
My formal dining table covered in mounds of laundry!
Entry Way view from door….this site scares most solicitors away:)
Zach’s room
Levi’s ..note the open drawers
Ava’s room…more open drawers….
Ok….so everyone that dared me to do this….its your turn!!!
5 comments:
Love it!
thank you Noelle! you are brave! you are a wonderful, outstanding mom!
Very sweet and true. One idea for your cousin, though is to have her kids do her baseboards:) That's what I do. Lucie and Wyatt love having wet rags and feeling like they're helping when we clean. About all they can do are baseboards- they're at the perfect height for them, too!
Love this post! Amen! Now if i can find time to take pictures!!! ;)
love you Noelle!
mt
Thank you for directing me to this post, it was wonderful!!!!
Blessings,
Carisa
Post a Comment