Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Value Of Children’s Work

Almost 2 years ago, I began the quest of finding a way to display my children’s art work. I tried several methods, most of them fell down or fell apart. I have a friend who uses plastic frames all over her kitchen, and I love that idea, but I have tile walls in my kitchen. I do use every spare inch of space on my fridge. I drool over the Pottery Barn Kids catalog, but it is too expensive for my budget.

I take digital pictures of every masterpiece that comes home except coloring pages. I will one day make each kid a scrapbook of all their wonderful things.

However; ALAS….I found an affordable solution at IKEA I found these wonderful magnetic boards that can display their work and also work as a teaching board for letter time:)

april 001

april 002

1 comment:

Celee said...

We have art clips upstairs near the arts and crafts counter and I've also framed many works of art through the years. And each of my kids who takes art (3 older plus now Wyatt starts Saturday) has his or her own portfolio that I found at Hobby Lobby. We also give some of their little masterpieces to older people in our church when we visit. It really seems to brighten their day.