Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Let’s Go Shopping!

Today, is one of our final days alone together before the boys are out of preschool for the summer. I had planned to spend the day at home catching up and planning for the summer…UNTIL I went outside to have a snack picnic with Ava. It is a gorgeous day in Dallas!

avagirl 015 avagirl 019

avagirl 018 avagirl 016

So I scrapped the day inside and headed north for a fun lunch WITH shopping on the McKinney Square.

One thing I love about my little girl is she loves to shop with me. Let me brag for a moment, she is not your typical 2 year old. I know this because I have had 2 other 2 year olds in the past 3 years. Granted they were boys. Ava loves to shop. She loves to look at this and that…and usually stays within in the boundaries I give her to “shop”

The first store we hit was Swanky Boutique. I tried a coat on Ava that she would not take off. Luckily, it matched a coat I already have for myself and was hoping to be able to purchase it for her so we could match this fall:) I was excited to find the coat on the 50% off rack today! Yippee!

avagirl 001 avagirl 002

avagirl 003

After the first store, we went to lunch at my favorite place on the Square..

The Lavender House. She loved it! I told her this was a place for special little girls who had really good manners like Fancy Nancy..and she played her part fabulously! I was so proud of her:)

avagirl 007

avagirl 005 avagirl 004

avagirl 006

Then we found a very special store “ Sugar and Spice”….just her style:)avagirl 010

Great little store even has “Princess Camps” in the summer for Princesses in training for age 4 up. They have a day camp for Fancy Nancy Training, too. The owner told me some 3 year olds come…so hopefully by next Summer, Ava can go!

The most surprising thing about this store was that it was extremely affordable. Ava picked out 2 new bows and a sparkly wand..all for $9. avagirl 011 avagirl 012

Such a FUN FUN DAY!

1 comment:

JC said...

So precious, Noelle. Reminds me of days with "my little girl" who is still my little girl!